The Homemakers Open Call is a series of three new £1000 commissions, for North West based theatre or live art-makers to create work at home, for an audience who are also at home. It is part of the Homemakers series that was announced at the end of March.
- Artists living in the North West or studying at a University in the North West.
- Artists working in any artform that can be delivered within the brief.
- Individuals or companies, of any level of experience – though you will need to demonstrate some experience.
- They want to make all work as accessible as possible. HOME will provide audiences with captioned and audio described versions of each work as required and we will supply content warnings where appropriate. The team at HOME will discuss any interpretation or modifications needed with you.
- They encourage proposals for work in British Sign Language.
- Proposals for new work that can be made within a £1000 budget and created at your home for an audience who are also at home. Please note that you can use some pre-existing material – your own or others’ (as long as you have permission) – but it needs to be work that is new to the public (e.g. not a recording of a previous show, or a reading of a previously performed/published text).
- Work that can be made available to audiences online through HOME’s website, on a pay-what-you-decide basis.
- Work that is of any length, and in whatever form you like – video, audio, text, visual, a PowerPoint presentation, instructions for a game, a live-streamed performance, a personalised phone call… whatever you want to do.
- Work that can ideally be delivered to us within a two-week delivery deadline so they can start making work available to the public as soon as possible. They appreciate that everyone is dealing with very different circumstances, so we are happy to discuss this with you individually.
Deadline for proposals:
5pm on Monday 20 April 2020
Successful applicants will be contacted by: Tuesday 28 April