Just Some Theatre are seeking an experienced Dramaturg for an R&D of a new horror/thriller theatre production within a contemporary setting. The project is currently supported by Arts Council England for the completion of a full performance ready script. They plan at a later date to undergo another R&D focussing solely on the technology that is planned to be used in the production.
The role will involve working part-time, remotely, with an experienced playwright on various script edits so that on completion of the project (Mid March 2021) we have a performance ready script. The project, currently with a treatment and early synopsis, will undergo various drafts and workshops to take place digitally (Zoom) with a final socially distanced rehearsed reading/script in hand performance that will be recorded.
They’re keen to hear from people with experience of being a Dramaturg on projects that have gone onto mid/large scale theatre productions.
- Experience of working as a Dramaturg in the past
- Script editing experience
- Wide understanding of theatrical structures
- Based in the UK
- Experience of working in the commercial theatre sector
- Experience of Horror/Thriller theatre productions
- Basic knowledge of AR/VR/MR technology
The part time position has a flat fee of £1750 for the project which is anticipated to run from mid December 2020 – Mid March 2021.
To apply please send:
- Your dramaturgical pedagogy/covering letter
- Your CV
- An overview of your availability between December 2020 and March 2021
They’re also really interested in hearing what projects you may have completed in the past and how your involvement helped shape the work created by writers.
Sunday 13th December at 15.00
interviews to take place remotely week commencing 14th December.