Artists of all backgrounds and all levels of experience can apply whether you’ve completed a first draft of your play or you’re still at the idea stage. They’re accepting proposals from UK and RoI artists aged 18+ who are interested in making new work for theatre, but we’re open to what form that could take – it could be a live, site specific, audio, digital or hybrid experience. As they’re based in Belfast, we’re prioritising submissions from Northern Irish or Northern Ireland resident artists.
As part of this open call, they are also welcoming submissions for the next iteration of the New Playwrights Programme and also offering a range of other supports in order to benefit a wider range of projects and a wider range of artists.
This could be, but is not limited to:
- Free space to write, devise or collaborate
- A development day/rehearsed reading of your play
- Facilitated research – perhaps with an academic or an expert in a field that isn’t theatre
- Facilitated mentorship – perhaps with a designer, a choreographer or other experienced theatre practitioner to explore how your idea could be developed
- Written feedback or a conversation with a dramaturg
- A seed commission to get your idea to a first draft/scratch presentation stage
12 noon on Monday 28th February 2022.