‘Owdyado Theatre (Associate Artists at Hall For Cornwall) are running a writing competition for mini stage plays (5-10 mins long) responding to the theme ‘Twisted Christmas’. There are 3 x £500 prizes available for winning entries.
‘Owdyado Theatre love twisted tales. Compelling stories, often dark in tone, that draw the audience in then thrill them with an unexpected plot twist! (they are big fans The Twilight Zone and Inside No.9, both of which have influenced their most recent stage work). For this competition, they are looking for Christmas- themed scripts that will become a new live theatre show ‘Twisted Christmas’ – to tour 2021.
Scripts must be suitable for a maximum of 2 adult actors, (these are likely to be two female performers but scripts can be for any gender) and be free of copyrighted music. It may be useful to use a line from a Christmas song or carol as the title of your play.
Sunday 19th September 2021.
- The competition is open to anyone resident in the United Kingdom.
- There is no age limit.
- You may only enter one play.
- Entries should include page numbers on every page.
- Entries to be submitted via the link below in Word or PDF format.
- Scripts must be entirely complete and in one document only, and not include the writer’s name or contact details anywhere on the script (to ensure judging is impartial).
- All entries should include a separate cover sheet with the writer’s name and contact details, including an email address, postal address and telephone number.The play submitted must be an original, unperformed and un-produced piece of work. It cannot have received a production in any form, anywhere in the world.
- Translations, children’s plays, and adaptations are not eligible for the competition.
- Scripts must be available for production and unattached to any other organisation or individual.
- The winning play will be under exclusive option to ‘Owdyado Theatre.
- Owdyado are unable to give feedback on scripts however; they do have a script-reading service where you can choose to receive detailed feedback for a fee of £35 after the competition has been judged.
Google Forms link
If you have any problems using the link, please contact email@example.com and you will be sent a physical form to complete.