These commissions are specifically designed for artists honing a piece already in development and getting them ready for public performance.
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers based in the North West (The North West comprises Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside and Manchester)
- Applicants who consider their practice and work to be in line with HOME’s ambition to push the boundaries of form and technology, to experiment, be bold and take risks.
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers with a clear production idea* who will then be ready to stage it at HOME during Push Festival 2023 (20 January – 18 February)
- They ask that it fits into our Theatre 2 space, a playing area of approx. 9m x 9m (with masking)
- They are also looking for one commission to be made for digital presentation – the run of this project may extend beyond the festival dates.
- They will be looking for projects which represent the diversity of work happening in the Northwest (for example, what voices are being heard, what form is being explored, etc)
*By this they mean productions that are already in development but are in need of further support to finish the production.
- A seed commission of up to £4,000 funding per artist/company
- At least 10 days rehearsal space at HOME (subject to COVID-19 UK theatre guidelines)
- 2 or 3 performance slots as part of Push Festival at some point between Tue 20 Jan – 20 Feb 2021
- A share of the net Box Office income from the performances on top of the commission & development fees
- High quality capture or livestream of the performance enabling the artist/company to have the opportunity to share their work to further programmers and audiences
- Bespoke mentoring support from HOME’s Programme and Talent Development team
- Marketing support from HOME
- Additional paid development** time to work on your commissions (bespoke and on top of each commission)
** Alongside covering the commission for this particular project, they have set aside money for additional paid artist development. For example, this could be mentoring, additional time to plan (which hasn’t been possible due to other work) etc.
This development fee will be bespoke, and we will work with each commissioned artist to plan this.
Deadline for expressions of interest:
12pm, Monday 09 May 2022.
Shortlisted Applicants notified: 24 May 2022.