45 North productions tour both nationally and internationally. 45North also produce exciting immersive theatrical events. They believe in championing the careers of emerging female, trans and non-binary people on and off the stage.
- The commissions are open to all female-identifying and non-binary creatives.
- Submissions are open to writers, directors, designers, devisors – anyone who wants to be lead creative on this project.
- You must be resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland to submit.
- You must be sixteen years of age or older. There is no upper age limit.
- A small group of creatives are eligible to apply as long as all members are female-identifying or non-binary.
- The proposed idea should be for an eventual piece of at least one hour in playing time. There is no upper limit.
- Your idea must be unproduced and unperformed. ‘Unproduced’ meaning that is (a) still in idea form, but there are no drafts, and there has been no rehearsal or R&D on the piece.
- Adaptation will be accepted
- If you are commissioned by 45North, you will receive:
- A bursary of £1000-£1500 depending on the predicted length of the process (3-6 months)
- Access to desk space
- Studio space at 45North
- Monthly meetings with the 45North team
- A semi-staged read/showing of the first draft for 45North and invited industry professionals
- Upon completion of the first draft, 45North will decide whether to carry the project through to final draft and production. A full commission will include a larger fee as well as a full production produced by 45North within a suitable timeframe for the project.
Friday 14th February 2020
Meetings with shortlist week commencing 16th March 2020 Commission announcement 30th March 2020