Nonsuch Studios & Derby Theatre are looking for 4 individuals or theatre companies from Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire to receive one of 4, £500 Open Access micro-commissions to help support the initial development of a new project or idea.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A £500 Open Access Micro-Commission Cash Grant (paid on receipt of invoice)
- Up to 10 hours of free studio space at Nonsuch Studios in Nottingham
- Support in leveraging in-kind producing, directing or funding advice from the teams at Nonsuch Studios, Derby Theatre or In Good Company
- Invite to an informal sharing event at Nonsuch Studios in March 2022 to help support the next steps of your idea/process.
- Open Access is open to any theatre company or individual based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire (i.e. your registered address should have a DE or NG postcode).
- Anyone can apply but the project or idea you are applying with must be a new idea and not have had any prior funding or formal support.
- The activity proposed to take place as part of your Open Access Micro-Commission should not be reliant on other funding sources – it should be a standalone or initial development period.
Open Access has a very open remit, you can choose how you spend your money to develop and progress your project/idea. Money should be spent to develop, create and shape an idea for live performance.
- Potential ideas for what you may spend your money on could be:
- Explore an idea with some actors
- Undertake some research
- Test & challenge a new script or devised content in a room
- Work with a designer to start a design process
- Money must be spent before 31st March 2022. You will be asked to write a short blog about the process supported by the commission and invited to an informal sharing of ideas at Nonsuch Studios in March 2022.
midday on Monday 13th December
Please note the form will timeout at 12:00pm and so you need to hit the submit button before 11:59am to ensure your application is received.