BBC Studios ScriptWorks and Thousand Films are partnering to find undiscovered writing talent from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. If you have a pilot script for drama or comedy and you don’t have agency representation, then submit your script for free.
Every script submitted will be assessed by an experienced script reader. Shortlisted scripts will be judged by a panel of TV industry experts. The prize package will include:
- The winning writer be mentored for 12 months by screenwriting expert, John Yorke, and award-winning producer, Aysha Rafaele.
- The winning writer will have the opportunity to develop a treatment for an original TV series idea, paid for by ScriptWorks, and guided through the process of pitching that series.
- The winning writer will have the option to advance directly to the shortlist of candidates for the 2021/22 BBC Studios Writers’ Academy.
- All shortlisted scripts will be championed to leading BBC Studios producers and partner indies including the producers of I May Destroy You, Killing Eve, Trigonomentry and The End of The F***ing World.
- Shortlisted writers from the competition will be invited to exclusive BBC Studios ScriptWorks events including lectures, workshops and guest speaker and networking events that form part of the BBCS prestigious Writers’ Academy and Writers’ Workshop programmes.
- Every single script submitted will be considered.