After the success of helping working class writers, directors and actors Tom Stocks brings the critically acclaimed company Actor Awareness, back to it’s home in the North. With various new writing nights performed at Spotlight Studios in the heart of the West End, Actor Awareness set’s up these new writing opportunities in Wigan.
- The story can be about anything as long as the piece has the theme of “Social Class” at the centre of the story- The interpretation of this theme is down to you.
- Applicants can be any age, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, etc, no restrictions.
- The piece has to be between 10-15 minutes.
- Maximum 3 performers per show, plus the writer/ director, so 4 members in total for each group.
- They are looking for 4 pieces of live new writing. It can be short plays, poetry, monologues, short extracts of longer pieces.
- Casting and organizing rehearsals must be done my the chosen participants, however they can help with casting calls, advice and some support when necessary, etc.
It will be part of the Actor Awareness partnership with The Old Courts, taking part in their lovely space in the heart of Wigan.
6th December 2021 at midnight
The date of the show will be 10th February 2022.