- The competition is open to any playwright of Caribbean or African descent, resident in the UK, for the best original, new stage play in English.
- The play does not need to have been produced. However, if it has, only plays produced since August 2019 will be considered.
- Each entrant can submit only one play. A play may also be nominated by a third party with the writer’s consent (e.g. via an agent).
- Plays must be typed, full length and presented as double-spaced, single-sided, in Times New Roman, font 12pt and be a minimum of 40 pages and submitted as a .doc file (Word or PDF). Manuscripts cannot be altered after entry.
- Television, radio plays and film scripts will not be considered.
- New as well as established writers are encouraged to enter.
5pm, Friday, 31 July 2020
All applicants will be notified by email of their entry’s safe arrival. No correspondence will be entered into between the judges and applicants.
Only shortlisted writers will be contacted in early November 2020.
The writer of the winning play will be announced at The Alfred Fagon Award ceremony in November 2020.