Amplify, based at the Nottingham Playhouse, know that theatre is made in numerous ways and we’re interested in reading and hearing about exciting and dynamic ideas. They will take the best ideas/material and look at bespoke ways of developing these projects. You will need to join Amplify if not already a member. You can do that here: https://bit.ly/2I4rSkf
- You can submit anything that’s a creative idea for performance. It could be a pitch, a proposal, a treatment or a script.
- Submitting a Script
- They’re looking for writers with an interesting voice, the ability to tell a good story and an understanding of stagecraft – how this story works as a play.
- For this initial stage, sending a sample of your script gives an indication of genre, your writing style, and ear for dialogue. The synopsis tells us the story you’re interesting in telling and how you handle structure.
- Submitting an Idea Other Than a Script
- You can submit your idea as a document or a link to a video, audio or a website.
- They’re interested in the story or themes you’re exploring and the theatrical way in which you tackle these.
- They really want to actively encourage a wide range of applications to reflect the diversity of the East Midlands on and off their stages. They are committed to providing platforms for all. ‘All’ includes (but is not exclusively): People of colour, People from Non-British backgrounds, Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Queer people, women and gender-diverse people, people from working class backgrounds, D/deaf and disabled people (including hidden disabilities).
10am on 3 April 2020.
Responses to submissions will be made in June 2020.