This is a unique opportunity for a group of England-based performance makers to embark upon a remarkable journey to internationalise their creative practice through an 18-month programme of events and residencies taking place across the world. Another Route is a project led by Forest Fringe, Total Theatre Network and Artsadmin, with programme producer Daniel Kok and a consortium of leading independent artists and companies from across the UK.
The project will involve 12 artists or companies becoming Another Route fellows and embarking on an 18-month programme incorporating five key elements:
1. Mentoring by an internationally experienced UK performance company
2. Participation in three lab events, one residential lab in England and two taking place internationally, which will be opportunities to explore other artistic cultures and meet a range of different artists and programmers
3. A dialogue and exchange process with a carefully chosen international colleague – be they an artist, writer, creative producer, activist or someone else whose skills and knowledge are relevant to the participating artist/company’s practice
4. A 2-week residency with a different international partner for each artist/company
5. A seed commission supported by Jerwood Arts and a brokered commission / development partnership with a UK and international partner to develop new work during the residency.
In order to participate in the project, each artist or company will receive:
- An honorarium of £1,125 towards your time spent in 15 mentoring /dialogue sessions. This honorarium is based on an allocation of £75 for each session to cover the meeting and any prep/reflection time which should be equivalent to half a day maximum (per session).
- A fee of £1,800 to support 1 representative of each artist/company to attend each of the 3 lab events. This is calculated on a maximum of 5 days per lab, including travel days at the rate of £600 per week/lab.
- A fee of £600 per person per week to support up to 4 artists to participate and attend the 2-week residency (i.e. £1,200 to support one artist, £2,400 to support two artists, £3,600 to support three artists and £4,800 to support to support four artists).
- A £3,500 seed commission for each company/individual artist to develop a new work.
- In addition Another Route will support all costs and arrange logistics associated with:
- Access support
- Domestic UK travel for labs
- International travel & ground transport for labs & residencies
- Accommodation for labs & residencies
- Costs associated with visas, permits, vaccinations and health tests necessary for international travel
- Per diems / Subsistence at a relevant local rate for labs & residencies
- Travel and other necessary insurances for international working
Advice & Information Surgeries will be held in January 2022.
14 February 2022.