A Bit Of A Do is a festival of theatre, dance and cabaret by disabled and non-disabled artists, produced by Drunken Chorus. For the 2023 instalment of A Bit Of A Do Drunken Chorus will support 3 artists and/or companies to create performances to premiere at the festival, and they are particularly interested to support work that could have a digital version / element that audiences can access from home.
Commissions will feature bespoke support for each artist / company, and may include:
- Up to 3 mentoring sessions with an established artist;
- Financial support towards the project (up to £1,000);
- Advice from the Drunken Chorus team;
- Support to make the work accessible to deaf, disabled, visually impaired and neurodivergent audiences;
- Support to build connections / networks and to find touring opportunities.
They are looking for proposals for work that:
- Will be least 30 minutes in length, and no longer than around 1 hour;
- Is flexible, and not technically complicated, so as to work in a festival context;
- Contemporary performance: dance, theatre, cabaret or other;
- Includes, or can be adapted to include, a digital version (eg live-stream, filmed version, interactive etc);
- Is, or can be adapted to be, inclusive and accessible
They are particularly keen to hear from:
- Artists creating work that is contemporary, experimental or outside the mainstream;
- Artists who are exploring exciting new ways to reach audiences who cannot attend arts venues in person;
- Disabled, D/deaf and Visually Impaired artists / companies;
- Artists / companies from groups who are under-represented in the arts, including people from working class backgrounds, the Global Majority and LGBTQ+ communities.
12 midday, on Monday 27 March 2023.
A Bit Of A Do festival takes place in Croydon, South London.