The ART Award returns to support Scottish new writing at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, with a new package of support and additional performance opportunities.
The winner of the award will receive a guaranteed slot – with no fixed venue fees or deposits – as part of the 2020 Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme. The winner will also have access to rehearsal space and to resources in the run-up to August. In total, this in-kind support and mentorship is valued at approximately £5,500.
For the first time ever, Assembly will also be selecting up to four shortlisted productions, alongside the ART Award-winner to receive developmental support and performance opportunity during the Roxy’s Spring 2020 Season. All of the shows will receive a table-read afternoon in the Downstairs dressing room, workshop time in the Downstairs Theatre, a technical rehearsal day, and a 3 – 4 performance run as part of the Roxy’s New Writing Season in Roxy Downstairs between March – June 2020.
• Eligible applicants must be a Scotland-based independent theatre company or performance practitioner.
• Please provide a full current draft of an unperformed script or performance structure in the case of devised, physical or improvised work.
• The production must have a running time of no more than 60 minutes.
• The production must be available to commit to the full run of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2020 (5 – 31 August 2020)
• Productions must be available to commit to a 3-4 day run at Roxy Downstairs in March – June 2020 (exact dates to be agreed).
• Please provide details of a confirmed creative team, proposed production budget and proposed marketing plan.