Barrel Organ and English Touring Theatre are making an adaptation of the classic novel Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, due to tour nationally in 2021/22, and need your help to make it.
Guided by your ideas, they will build the show from the ground up for the new world post COVID-19, and aim to make something which you would all want to see. They are committed to workshopping this show with young people (between ages of 16-22, mirroring Tess’ age in the book) from all different parts of the country. Their aim is that these workshops are a fun, safe place to explore ideas and have your opinions heard.
- Motivated, passionate individuals up for reinventing what theatre can be post covid
- Young people wanting to pursue a career in theatre or the arts, but feel there are barriers preventing them from doing this
- People interested in the creative process – writing, directing, conception of an idea
- – You must be willing to commit to sessions once a week for 8 weeks from November 2020.
- You do not need to have read Tess of the D’Urbervilles to apply
- You must be 16 – 22
- A chance to work with a professional company at the workshopping stage of a process
- The opportunity to become part of a small nationwide company of young makers
- A fee of £75 per session
- An opportunity to come into the rehearsal room and watch your ideas come to life
- An opportunity to workshop your own piece of work as a company
For more info on how to apply: https://www.