A new talent initiative that will offer up to six successful applicants the opportunity for a year long programme of professional development.
This fellowship, for each writer, will include a bursary of £22,568 to write a spec script for an original idea over the course of a year, monthly development events and workshops, and a paid placement in a writers room of a Netflix or Sky series.
The Fellowship aims to increase the diversity of voices among new writers. It is a one year programme that provides training, mentoring and other support to Black and Asian writers and writers from other racial and ethnic backgrounds that are under-represented in the high end TV and film industry. They’re looking for dedicated writers with an authentic and original voice in all scripted genres, so we’ll need to see an example of your work – this means submitting a script.
- You must be Black, Asian or another racial or ethnic group that is under-represented in the high end TV and film industry in the UK.
- You must be aged 18 or over when you submit your application. There is no upper age limit.
- Whether or not you are British, you must live in the UK (including Northern Ireland).
- You must not currently be represented by a literary or film & TV agent.
- If you are chosen to join the Fellowship, you must be available to take part in the Fellowship for 12 months starting from 13 September 2021.
23:59 18th June