After the success of season one of Radio Elusia written by Nina Segal, Boundless are moving to commission and produce season two, with the writing passing on to a group of 6 writers. The writers room will run from October 2020 and be led by Boundless Artistic Director Rob Drummer, supported by Radio Elusia Associate Director Robert Awosusi. All 6 writers will be commissioned to write 2 episodes and will apply through an open call launching on August 3rd 2020.
The writers’ room serves 2 purposes; the first is to develop episodes for season two of Radio Elusia and the second is to provide a writer development opportunity for early career writers. They are excited to work with writers currently not known to them and to take them through a total process from initial idea to season launch.
The writers’ room will run digitally and is open to writers based in the UK, some in person work may be possible and required, reasonable expenses will be covered by Boundless Theatre for this work.
Need to Know
- October 2020 – February 2021 digital attendance at a weekly writers room
- £2000 podcast commission for writing of 2 (max 19 minute) episodes
- 6 writers in total
- Writers need to be 15-25 and at an early stage of their career (self determined)
- Season 2 recorded in early February 2021
- 12 episode Season 2 launches April 2021
- Writers must be based in the UK
A note on pay transparency
The commission rate has been benchmarked against a BBC Podcast Drama rate of £1041 (Cat 3) for 11-19 minute episodes. Although Boundless Theatre is operating at a considerably smaller scale to the BBC they have fixed our rate for a maximum 19 minute episode at just under the BBC rate. Y