Breakwater Theatre Company is a new writing company based in Cleethorpes. They were due to perform Angel by Henry Naylor on Friday 17th April 2020 however, the production has had to be postponed due to the current Coronavirus situation. Instead of bringing a live theatre performance to the stage, they have decided to offer a creative challenge to others in the sector who may suddenly find themselves resting.
They want you to create a video of a brand-new monologue for our challenge.
- There is no theme. You are not limited by the title CONNECTED 2020
- The work MUST be original, created after March 18th 2020
- The work MUST be a monologue.
- The length of the monologue MUST NOT exceed 10 minutes.
- Entries MUST be family friendly as they are being submitted on an open public forum.
- The monologue can be performed by any performer, not necessarily the writer.
- A performer can perform multiple roles if appropriate, but only use one performer.
- A director can be used.
- They endorse social distancing and recommend remote directing using services such as Skype
- All monologues submitted must be accompanied by a full list of credits stating the name of any creative collaborators.
- A monologue can consist of footage other than the performer, but the creator MUST own the copyright to any material submitted. This also includes any music featured in a submission. Breakwater Theatre Company will accept no liability for entrants who have not adhered to this rule.
- All work must be submitted via YouTube or Vimeo and copyright remains with the originators of the work.
- They do ask that you make it clear in the description that the work was created in response to, and as a submission in the CONNECTED 2020 – Breakwater Monologue Challenge.
- All participants – including performers – must be over the age of 18.
Saturday 4th April.
Entries submitted after that date will not be considered for the competition.
A shortlist of finalists will be issued by Saturday 11th April.
The winner will be announced on Friday 17th April.