Six playwrights, six directors, twelve (or so) actors… Six new short plays written, rehearsed and performed within 24 hours.
Slackline Productions is now accepting submissions for Slackline Sleepover, their latest Slackline Stories event.
This time it’s overnight and online. They’ll still showcase the best new short plays, written by female playwrights, directed by female directors and featuring at least one strong female character aged 35+, but this time, they will be written, rehearsed and ready to perform online in 24 hours!
What Slackline is LOOKING FOR:
- Playwrights from anywhere who identify as female; all ages, but 35+ especially encouraged
- Short plays or excerpts of plays that show your writing style
- Someone who likes to work on the fly and has a sense of adventure!
- Great stories – the plays don’t have to be political (but they can be), nor do they have to be female-only. Slackline loves an uplifting story, even if the content is sad/dramatic/difficult. They also love things a bit quirky!
*You MUST be available from the evening of 13th January through to the evening of 14th January 2020 to be eligible.*
WHAT YOU GET:
- Time in the online rehearsal room with actors and a director
- Your script performed for a friendly audience
- Written audience feedback to be collected by Slackline
- A fun way to further challenge yourself as a writer and work with a director and actors on your script
- The potential to R&D your script further with Slackline to lead to a longer production run
- At the moment, this is an unpaid opportunity (working on funding, but this is not guaranteed)
Submissions accepted until 13th December or until 150 submissions have been reached