Established in 2013, CTN are a collective of 8 organisations based in Wigan, Gloucester, Hull, Torbay, Thanet, Peterborough, Medway and Wandsworth. They work with artists and communities to make and tour life-affirming, soul-shaking, perspective-changing shows.
Over the next year, the Collaborative Touring Network is looking to work with an artist, a group of artists or a company to make and tour a live show nationally, between September 2021 and September 2022.
They think touring live performance is most impactful when it is invited into places where community is already happening. We create local partnerships and put on shows in unlikely spaces: from car parks, to nightclubs, rooftops to community centres.
Over the next 3 years, they want to support artists in both the making and touring of their work. Collaborating with our communities, and as a network, they want to work with artists to create and tour shows that resonate with people and which move them; to laughter, to tears, to dance, to action.
Deadline for Expression of Interest
Monday 5 July
This year-long partnership will have 2 phases, a ‘Development Phase’ and a ‘Touring Phase’
• £72,000 in creative fees, to develop and tour a live performance with 8 communities nationally.
• Travel, accommodation and per diem costs for on-location work across our places during the Development Phase.
• Travel, accommodation and per diem costs for 5 days on tour in each of our 8 locations during the Touring Phase.
• A production budget of £20,000 to support the costs of design, set, equipment purchases and technical rehearsals.
• Resource and expertise to adapt non-typical performance spaces into show-ready spaces during the Touring Phase.
• Staffing support; including the expertise and producing capacity of 8 grassroots cultural organisations across England, associate artists based locally in each town, a CTN Production Manager and local technical support.