Castlefield Gallery Associates is a membership scheme for artists, writers and independent creatives working in contemporary visual art.
It acts as a hub, bringing together creative practitioners and providing members with information, skills development, opportunities, resources and critical dialogue around contemporary art practice. They host monthly in person and online events that are devised in response to our wider gallery programme and reflect the needs and interests of our associates, artists and creatives involved.
They are currently growing the membership offer and are keen to engage with artists and creatives who identify with one or more of the following:
- Being from a low socio-economic background
- Disabled or with a long-term health condition
- Being from the Global Majority
- Being neurodiverse
To help growth Castlefield Gallery Associates the Haworth Trust and Manchester City Council are funding 30 new memberships for 12 months. If you would like to develop your creative practice and participate in Castlefield Gallery Associates programme you can apply for one of the following fully funded membership places:
- 15 places available for artists and creatives based in Greater Manchester and the wider North West region.
- 15 places available for artists and creatives based in either Manchester City Centre, elsewhere in the UK or internationally.
Being a Castlefield Gallery Associate gives you access to:
- Talks with visiting artists, writers & curators
- One-to-one advisory sessions with Castlefield Gallery Directors
- Exchanges with other associate schemes & artist membership groups across the UK
- The opportunity to apply for Castlefield Gallery Associates Members Exhibition
- Access to free temporary work and project space with Castlefield Gallery’s New Art Spaces scheme
- Workshops and talks centred on creative professional development, helping members to communicate their practice, learn about applying for funding as well as writing exhibition proposals and responding to call outs.
Please note the funded places are limited and we wish to prioritise those who are on a low income who could not otherwise afford to participate in the programme. Do consider if the £5 monthly membership fee is something that would be affordable for you before applying.
5pm on Friday 12th May