The Charlie Hartill Special Reserve is a designated fund to support emerging theatre makers and comedians in bringing their work to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Now in its 15th year, the reserve enables artists to hone their talents and focus on their creativity, by offering vital support in the form of cash investment and mentorship. The fund was established in 2004 in memory of Charlie Hartill and consists of two strands – the Theatre Reserve and Comedy Reserve.
Each year the Reserve provides a young theatre company with the rare and extraordinary opportunity to present a fully produced performance at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. They offer up to £10,000 financing from Pleasance towards the cost of presenting your show, which includes:
- A guaranteed prime slot in our Edinburgh programme at Pleasance and programming option in our London transfer run.
- Accommodation and Travel
- Edinburgh Fringe Registration and brochure fees
- PR and marketing support
- Rehearsal, development, sharing and work space
- Support to develop and deliver accessible performances (including the provision of captioned performances).
- 40% of the entire production and creative team must be no more than 5 years from full time education on the final performance date.
- The play must have a performing company of 4 or more cast members.
- Directors and producers must not have created more than two professional productions, including Fringe.
10am, Thursday 31st January 2019.