Chippy Lane are on the lookout for a ‘WRITING APPRENTICE’ to join them on their next theatre project’s R&D process. You will; support the R&D process with a creative team that include the director, dramaturg, producer and actors, learn valuable skills and gain experience working in a professional environment and gain knowledge and a unique insight into working on a new piece of writing at a crucial development phase.
This is an ITC rate paid opportunity and you’ll have the chance to work alongside the Bruntwood Prize winning Alan Harris!
- X5 full days of work in Cardiff, 10am – 6pm.
- 21st – 25th October 2019.
- Identify as Welsh.
- Welsh born.
- Permanently Wales-based.
- They are particularly interested in hearing from ANY emerging Welsh or Wales-based writers who are unpublished and want to write for stage.
Submission Window: Open until July 1st 2019
Interviews (Cardiff): August 2019
Announce Writing Apprentice: September 2019
For more information and to apply please go to http://chippylaneproductions.co.uk/
REGULAR EVENT: WELSH FEMALE WRITERS GROUP
In a bid to develop and champion more emerging Welsh female playwrights Chippy Lane are running a Welsh Female Writers Group.
NEXT SESSION WILL BE – SAT 1ST JUNE 2019
These sessions are four hours of fun, friendly, supportive and informative discussion. Writing can be a very isolating and lonely process so it’s good to share your work in a safe environment with other Welsh females.
You are free to do the following in the session:
- Bring in any work in progress.
- Extracts or scenes to be read.
- Treatments and briefs.
- Ideas or drafts.
- Simply come along for a listen and a chat.
- The key text to read and will be discussed in session this month will be EMILIA by Morgan Lloyd Malcolm.
To enable everyone to get a fair amount of time in sessions to discuss their work in detail they will be keeping group sizes small. There is a small fee in place to cover room hire costs, resources, tea and coffee in sessions.
*PLEASE NOTE, ALL WELSH FEMALE VOICES WELCOME.