The Creative Fund aims to further the charitable mission of the Theatre Royal Bath. The purpose of the Fund is to support the enrichment of local culture by offering financial support to creative projects happening within a 20 mile radius of Theatre Royal Bath.
The Creative Fund aims to support independent arts projects unconnected with the Theatre Royal Bath and in line with the Fund’s purpose. The Creative Fund construes ‘arts’ broadly and will consider projects involving theatre, dance, music, comedy, literature, sculpture, painting and the visual arts. Applicants will be required to demonstrate how the project for which they are requesting funding will further those aims.
Projects must take place within a 20 mile radius of the Theatre Royal Bath, and will ideally be completed by the end of 2020. Applicants must be a constituted group such as:
- a registered charity
- a not for profit voluntary organisation
- a not for profit community organisation
- a community interest company
- an educational establishment such as a university, school or college
The amount to be distributed from this fund will vary depending on the nature of the project applied for and the availability of funds from TRB at any one time, with a minimum grant level of £500 to a maximum of £10,000.
The Creative Fund will not consider applications from, or involving any of the following:
- Organisations planning an activity outside a 20 mile radius of Theatre Royal Bath
- Political organisation
- Sports, health and animal welfare organisations, unless planned activity is in an arts discipline
- Fundraising events for third parties
- Retrospective funding
- Sponsorship requests or requests for funding in respect of theatre, dance, art, writing or music school studies
- Organisations or projects which may bring the Creative Fund into disrepute
5pm on Friday 28th February 2020.