Creative Youth are searching for three new and exciting emerging or early career companies/artists to support. The Creative Talent Programme identifies young and emerging artists and companies who have the potential to become excellent creative practitioners and gives them the artistic, business and strategic support to become flourishing, challenging, exciting organizations of the future.
They are particularly keen to support emerging artists/companies from outside of London/ M25 and/or, artists/companies who identify as D/deaf or disabled and/or work focused on this. They are also aiming to focus on underrepresented art forms, so the piece the artist/company wants to develop, needs to include an element of either dance, circus or music.
Each company/artist will receive:
- £2,000 to develop a piece of creative work
- Support across a year of activity (April 2020 – April 2021)
- Support from a bespoke, artform specific, industry mentor – Access to free office space (when available)
- Access to free rehearsal space (when available)
- Professional development workshops
- Both yourself and the majority of your company members (if applicable) must be under the age of 27 at the time of applying.
- This opportunity is also only open to emerging or early career artists/companies so please do not apply if you/your company has been working professionally for more than three years.
- The three positions will be selected in the following areas:
- Based outside of London/M25: A company/artist that is based outside of London and the M25 with work focused on either dance, music or circus.
- D/deaf or Disabled: A company/artist who identify as D/deaf or disabled with work focused on either dance, music or circus.
- Open Call: dance, music or circus. If you are entering with a piece of theatre, we are focusing on pieces that incorporate one of the following elements, physical theatre, dance, live music/ gig theatre or circus.
Sunday 30th March, 5:00pm, 2020
Shortlist Interviews: Between 13th April- 24th April
Creative Talent Programme: April 2020 – April 2021 IYAF: 3 – 12 July 2020