This is an opportunity for an exceptional cohort of creatives/companies/theatre-makers/artists to embed themselves into the building to:
- develop a specific piece of work with us
- to work with us for a set period of time to develop their creative practice
- To be a resident creative/company for a set period of time or for a specific project.
- A bespoke package of support around the creative or company which may include financial investment, technical, marketing, staff expertise, artistic and dramaturgical support appropriate to the work. (This will be dependent on the availability of resources and staff within the building.)
- Free rehearsal space and hot-desking space when available.
- Platforms to test out new work.
- Possibility of programming the work.
- A meeting with either the CEO or Artistic Director as well as regular contact with the artistic department, in particular the New Work Associate.
- Invites and free tickets to press night as well as a free ticket for every Made at Curve show.
- Advocating for the creative/company in the wider industry.
- Professional independent creatives, community/youth specialists or companies with an idea for a project/piece of new work they’re wanting to make or an area of their practice they wish to develop.
- Creatives showing significant talent and the ability to self-lead and know what they need specifically to develop their work.
- A significant member of the company or the creative must live in or come from the midlands.
- Must be interested in building a midlands audience.
- Must be interested in building a mutually supportive relationship with Curve and the surrounding region.
- Can be any age, from any background and at any career stage.
- Must become a member of Curve Connect.
- Different career stages will be considered but we especially acknowledge the gap for more mid-career and established creatives to grow and the fact we have 3 spaces to develop work for.
Sunday 1 March at 11pm