Image: from NSDF 2019, photo by Beatrice Debney
DaDaFest x NSDF is an opportunity for young Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent artists to come together and create a piece of new and exciting work to be premiered at NSDF’s annual festival April 2022.
NSDF is an iconic national festival for young people, which for 65 years has existed to help emerging theatre practitioners find their home in the arts. To find out more about NSDF visit: www.nsdf.org.uk
- 12 artists aged 16 – 25 to form a company of creatives from all over the Northwest and West Yorkshire.*
- You can be an actor, writer, director, designer – set, digital, sound, lighting etc. Anyone with a passion for making new theatre work.
- You will develop your creative skills though sessions with professional guest artists.
- You will work with DaDaFest’s Joint Artistic Director & CEO, Nickie Miles-Wildin, to create this brand new piece of work.
- You will attend NSDF 9 – 16 April 2022 at Curve in Leicester where you will premiere your work, take part in workshops, panel discussions, watch other performances and enjoy the evening events. (If we are unable to be in person then you will take part in the digital festival)
- They ask for commitment to weekly sessions online with some in-person ones too.
Starting September 2021 – April 2022
(Monday evenings with one Saturday per month)
Accommodation, travel and access requirement costs will be covered by DaDaFest.
Wednesday 30 June at 5pm.
* This project is open to young people who identify as disabled, Deaf, neurodivergent or living with long term illness /conditions.
They encourage applications from those young people from this group who experience racism and marginalisation, including those from African, Caribbean, LatinX, South Asian, East and South East Asian heritage, those from lower socio-economic backgrounds, those from the LGBTQ+ communities, those who are care experienced or are discriminated against, and those facing intersecting barriers.
You must be based in West Yorkshire or the Northwest. They define the Northwest as the English counties of Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cumbria, Lancashire and Cheshire.