Artists on the Phone- artist fee of £400.
Artists will be paired with a service user living in the Lewisham area who has been identified, or identified themselves, as an isolated, lonely or vulnerable person. Through a series of telephone conversations, the artist will work with the service user to imaginatively explore a creative idea or develop a creative project.
The outcomes of each artist’s and participant pairing’s 1:1 project will be presented during the next Deptford X festival.
- They are particularly keen to support applicants who are resident in the borough of Lewisham and have been part of the Deptford X Fringe in the past.
- Deptford X specifically welcomes applications from artists with experience of participatory working and working with vulnerable people.
- Valid DBS checks are preferable but not essential.
- Projects should be imaginative and use available materials or props.
- Projects must not flout any lockdown rules or put either the artist or service user at any risk.
Residencies At Home- £800 residency fee per artist
With talk of ‘returning to normal’ Deptford X invite those for whom ‘normal’ doesn’t serve them to think through the question ‘how to be together again’. We are particularly interested in hearing from disabled, sick*, queer, non-binary and BAME applicants whose experiences of Covid19 and lockdown draw lines between pre-pandemic structural violences and post-pandemic desires and fears.
They don’t expect a specific outcome from these ‘residencies’ but you will be asked to share thoughts, research and drafts of work in progress in a discursive and public way via online platforms.
They hope that these residencies can form the basis of works to be included in the next Deptford X festival.
They are particularly keen to support applicants who are resident in the borough of Lewisham and have been part of the Deptford X Fringe in the past.
£800 residency fee per artist
10th June 2020, 10am
Please Note: Residencies will take place from: Mid-June, mid-July and mid-August.