Disability Arts Online is offering one-to-one artist development sessions with a team of experts. Each session lasts about an hour and is carried out via Skype, telephone or FaceTime (with limited availability for face-to-face prioritised for those with specific access needs).
DAO staff will take notes during the session and provide you with a copy of these, including a plan of actions after your session via email. DAO staff may not always be experts in your given area, but can usually provide good general advice and support you to identify barriers and solutions. The more information you can provide ahead of the session, the more prepared staff can be to support you.
Sessions can cover one of our nine topics:
- Writing about your work
- Arts writing/journalism
- Developing an artistic project or idea and pitching it to funders
- Developing your understanding of disability arts and its history
- How to make connections with other artists and organisations (including DAO facilitating introductions and writing letters of support where appropriate)
- How to blog on DAO
- Setting up and planning your WordPress site/maintaining an artist’s website
- Social Media as a promotional or artistic tool
- Budgeting your project
Each artist will be allowed to sign up to a maximum of 3 sessions in a 12-month period.
Please note: sessions can only be offered free of charge to UK-based artists. If you are outside of the UK and would like to inquire about a session, please get in touch before booking.