Down Stage Write are looking for Devon and Cornwall based writers to submit scripts for their latest production of short plays. ‘I Think I’d Explode’ is an evening of four short plays written in response to the poetry of acclaimed Launceston poet Charles Causley. The project is supported by The Causley Trust and Theatre Royal Plymouth.
The plays will be performed on the 7th of December at IntoBodmin, at schools and community venues in Cornwall and recorded to be released as audio drama shorts online.
They are asking writers to submit a full short play. These will be read and shortlisted by their Artistic and Directors team to select the final four. Every play submitted will receive a short paragraph of feedback. The final selected writers will get to develop the script with the support of their team and then see them performed at the end of the project. They hope to pay a writer fee subject to obtaining Arts Council Funding.
Friday 4th October 2019
- They are looking for submissions from writers of any level of experience but you must be based in Devon and Cornwall.
- You must also available for the show on the 7th of December.
- The play must be:
- Written in response to ONE poem by Charles Causley
- 10-20 minutes long
- Written for the stage
- For one or two actors to perform
- In a recognised theatre script format
- A complete play and NOT an extract
- Please only one submission per writer