DYSPLA has received a new Arts Council grant to fund the development of two Neurodivergent storymakers for a second year running.
They welcome submissions from anyone regardless of practice or experience. If you identify as Neurodivergent, live in England and want to tell a story, they want to hear from you.
The residency will be tailored to each resident and will take place in London throughout 2020. Along with Surgery Scripts sessions, dramaturgy, a rehearsed reading and mentoring, DYSPLA will provide travel subsidy for anyone outside of London, desk space and rehearsal rooms.
- Surgery Scripts (SS) sessions,
- A professional rehearsed reading
- Industry mentoring
- 1 full script SS rehearsal
- Dramaturgy sessions
- 2 hrs a week story development and production advice
- Script notes from some of our SS Directors Pool of over 130 directors
- Travel & subsistence (Outside of London), desk/rehearsal space
- Industry and networking support;
- Online marketing thoughout 2020
20th March 2020.
This year’s 10-month long Residency starts in March 2020 with an Industry Sharing in January 2021.
*ND – NEURODIVERGENCE
“Sometimes Abbreviated as ND, neurodivergent means having a style of neurocognitive functioning that diverges significantly from the dominant societal standards of ‘normal’. Neurodivergent people include dyslexics, dyspraxics, AD(H)D, autistics (including those with Asperger’s), dyscalculics, OCD, dysgraphics, Tourettes, etc.” The Westminster AchievAbility Commission for Dyslexia and Neurodivergence 2018.