With the support of Arts Council England, the DYSPLA_Storymakers Residency 2022 will offer up to three Neurodivergent Creatives six months of script development.
One of the winning writers will be awarded a Physical Residency with in-person meetings and workshops and the other two writers will be part of their new Digital Residency.
Please only pitch new script ideas that you would like to develop further with the support of the DYSPLA Team and their creative network.
This opportunity is for Neurodivergent Creatives living in England only.
The Residency will include…
- The opportunity for one writer to present their work at the DYSPLA Industry Table Read at Hat Trick Productions in Sept 2022.
- The opportunity for one writer to have their script produced by DYSPLA into a Short Film to premier at Earls Court Film Festival in Nov 2022.
- The opportunity for one writer to have their work developed at SurgeryScripts with professional Actors and a Director, as well as peer-to-peer sharing. (Physical Residency only)
- Written feedback from film and television production companies.
- Dramaturgy Sessions
- Mentoring with DYSPLA Founder
- Travel Costs (For Physical Residency Only)
- Online Marketing throughout 2022
- £500 (five hundred pounds) upon completion of the Residency and the finished script
The physical residency requires writers to participate monthly in at least…
- one mentoring meeting with DYSPLA Founder Lennie Varvarides
- one script-editing session with DYSPLA’s Dramaturg
- one script-development workshop with actors and a director.
- residents are expected to spend at least an hour daily working on their script, so the first draft is finished by September 2022.
12pm on the 7th March 2022.