Emergency, hÅb’s annual platform for live art and contemporary performance is now open for proposals. The nineteenth Emergency takes place on Saturday 6 October 2018, 12noon-10pm, in Manchester’s Z-arts (incl. STUN Studio)
Artists working in live art and contemporary performance are invited to submit proposals of short pieces of work, works-in-progress, or extracts of longer works for inclusion in this event. Proposals are also encouraged for durational, one-to-one and limited capacity work, as well as performance installation and intervention-based works in-and-around the spaces available.
Work can be in any relevant artform/medium, though some live presence is desirable. Show-type work should be 20 minutes maximum in duration; low-tech or no-tech, and suitable for quick turnarounds; self-supporting in terms of props, set, equipment, and specialised technology.
Emergency 2018 will offer an honorarium of up to £100 per piece selected, to cover fees/expenses.
Wednesday 15 August 2018, 5pm
Selected artists will be notified BY Friday 31 August 2018.
There will be a production meeting for all selected artists on Saturday 22 September 2018, at Zarts.
The event’s objectives are to be:
• a pay-what-you-decide, public micro-festival + open submission platform;
• an opportunity for artists to meet, show, and peer-review work;
• a selection event for a number of small Works Ahead commissions to be developed + supported by hÅb.
Show-type work should be:
• 20 minutes maximum in duration;
• low-tech or no-tech, and suitable for quick turnarounds;
• self-supporting in terms of props, set, equipment, and specialised technology.
For more information and to apply please go to http://emergencymcr.posthaven.com/