The Lyric Hammersmith Theatre are looking for short scratch pieces to be part of their fifth emerging artist takeover, Evolution Festival.
The Evolution Scratches programme is part of the Bill Cashmore Award and is an open platform for young, emerging artists to try out new ideas in front of an audience.
16 scratches will be shown across 4 nights. 5 of these will go on to be offered a short residency at the Lyric in March. The idea with the most potential will be selected as the Bill Cashmore Award winner and headline Evolution Festival 2021.
The Bill Cashmore Award
Now in its second year, the Award will support and develop a scratch idea into a fully-fledged production which will headline the Evolution Festival in March 2021. This support includes masterclasses with Lyric Associate Artists and Award contributors, technical support, a commissioning fee and budget for crew and design.
- The lead creative on the project must be between 18-25 years of age and live in London
- They are interested in hearing from a range of creatives (directors, writers, producers, performers, companies, ensembles etc.)
- They are open to all styles and forms (theatre, interactive, performance, spoken-word, poetry, stand-up comedy, multimedia, digital, live art and cross-disciplinary work).
- They are interested in work that is contemporary and exciting and a spark of an idea which might grow into a studio theatre show.
- Pieces can last anything up to 10 minutes. You will showcase on 1 night only, but will perform twice.
Monday 16 December at 11am
Performances will happen on Tuesday 11 Feb, Wednesday 12 Feb, Thursday 13 Feb & Friday 14 Feb (evening)
You will perform only on one of these evenings (each scratch will perform once at 7.15pm and again at 8.45pm)