Oxford Playhouse is currently recruiting for the Evolve Artists in Residence Scheme. This scheme supports three emerging or mid-career artists/companies each year by providing seed funding for projects, research and development, rehearsal space as well as mentoring and advice from the Playhouse team.
A 12 noon on 3rd September 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at the Playhouse in w/c 10th September 2018, with the residencies commencing on 24th September 2018.
- organisational development and mentoring from key Oxford Playhouse staff;
- space in the OP rehearsal rooms for play, research, and development;
- space in the Burton Taylor studio when possible for tech-ing and opening new work;
- free and discounted tickets to performances at Oxford Playhouse and the Burton Taylor Studio through our staff ticket policy;
- Artists in Residence networking / peer events during the year (and invitations to continue attending EVOLVE events in future years – once an Artist in Residence, always an Artist in Residence…);
- £1000 bespoke ‘no-strings-attached’ funding to support the development of work or practice;
- in-kind support on specific tasks such as application writing, project planning, etc;
- opportunities to experience the activity of the Playhouse’s departments and to become embedded in the routine of the theatre over the course of the year.
Who they’re looking for
EVOLVE is open to artists from any art-form, discipline or location. While it particularly welcomes applicants who might benefit from Oxford Playhouse’s own producing interests and areas of expertise, such as children’s theatre, off-site work, and small- / mid-scale touring, the scheme could also support artists working in the visual and digital arts, musicians, and writers. If not currently working in theatre, artists should set out in their application why participating in the residency scheme would benefit, inform and add value to their practice. w
To find out more and to apply please go to http://oxfordplayhouse.com/about-us/job-vacancies/?platform=hootsuite