Firth Word Theatre work with new and fast rising playwrights, through commissions or open submissions. They welcome unsolicited scripts submissions from the UK or Ireland for consideration for future productions.
They are interested in stories relevant to the world around us today, from the perspective of those that often go unheard, that resonate with new and younger audiences.
- They will only accept scripts submitted through our online portal.
- They can also invite us to a production or scratch/ work in progress event showcasing your work.
- They only read plays that we would consider for production. They are therefore unable to accept:
- plays that have already been produced
- film scripts
- translations or adaptations
- musical books and scores.
One of their artistic team will then read your play and get back to you within 12 weeks if it is something they want to produce.