Sunday 21th March: 10am – 1pm
Saturday 27th 10am – 3pm
Sunday 28th March 10am – 3pm
They require participants to attend all three sessions.
Fishamble: The New Play Company is joining forces with poet, performer and playwright Felicia Olusanya (Felispeaks) to offer a Writing for Performance workshop. This playwriting workshop will consist of three sessions. The aim of the workshops is to support underrepresented voices in Irish theatre, by providing the training and tools to write for the stage.
This workshop will be jointly run by Felispeaks and Fishamble Literary Manager, Gavin Kostick. It is aimed at people who want to write for public performance.
Fishamble acknowledges that mainstream Irish theatre lacks representation from the many artistic voices present here in Ireland. As a theatre company dedicated to telling the story of Ireland through new plays, we hope that this pilot workshop provides the tools, expertise, and support that encourages those stories to be told by a wider range of voices. You will be paid €350. Fishamble pays all artists who take part in its development initiatives.
- You must be currently resident on the island of Ireland.
- You must identify as one or more of the following:
- A person of colour
- From an ethnic minority background
- A migrant
- You must have some experience in writing, for any medium. You do not have to have had experience in writing for the stage.
- You must be available to attend the sessions, outlined below.
- They welcome applications from writers for whom English is a second language.
7th March, midnight