If you are passionate about using the arts to make a difference in your community and are interested in developing your skills as a project manager, then Future Fires could be for you.
Future Fires supports young artists to develop socially-engaged projects in their own communities. Contact deliver a two-day Short Course three-times each year which gives an introduction to developing a community project, and they recruit annually for the six-month long programme.
During the six-month programme, Future Fires receive a bespoke programme of training and mentoring to develop their leadership skills and support them to deliver a project in their own community.
Contact are looking for individuals who:
• Are aged 18-30 and based in Greater Manchester.
• Have an idea for a project in a community and need support to develop it.
• Passionate about the arts and communities, self-motivated and keen to learn.
• Want to develop news skills and experience to build a career in the arts and community development.
• Have the desire and flexibility to commit to the programme over 6 months (September 2018 –March 2019)
What you will get by joining:
• Immediate access to £500 worth of funding.
• Intensive training weekends with Contact experts.
• Opportunity to apply for up to £10,000 worth of funding.
• Development of leadership skills and access to important networks.
10AM on Friday 7th of September 2018.
Interviews will be held on: 19th of September 2018 (late afternoon- evening).