Global Jewish Voices is a uniquely curated theatre evening celebrating the diversity of Jewish voices around the world. Presented by Global Voices Theatre in partnership with Asylum Arts, GJV will showcase excerpts from 5 different plays/performance texts from the Jewish diaspora. These will be selected from a global callout by a team of international readers, brought together by curator Victor Esses. The shortlisted texts will be directed and performed by local Jewish talent.
Global Jewish Voices will take place in spring 2022 at an Off West End London venue (exact details TBC).
This is a paid opportunity and all writers will retain the rights to their work.
- They welcome submissions from Jewish writers who are based, or who previously resided, outside of the UK, as well as migrant Jewish writers in the UK.
- They welcome submissions from different performance disciplines, as long as text is a central component of the work.
- Plays can be any length, from any period, and with any number of characters; a majority of the text must be in, or translated into, English. Bilingual or multilingual plays are also welcome.
- Works must not have been performed, staged or published in the UK.
- If you are submitting a play/performance text that has been translated and is still under copyright, you must ensure that both the writer and the translator (or the relevant rights-holders) give their authorisation for the translation to be submitted for consideration.
Friday 16th September 2021, 5pm BST.