Roundhouse associates Global Voices Theatre are back with Global Youth Voices, an event featuring a unique selection of international plays never before performed in the UK.
Global Youth Voices will take place on Saturday 30th May 2020 at the Roundhouse. The event, produced, curated, directed and performed by artists under 25 showcases 5 excerpts of plays from young international playwrights. The performances will be followed by a discussion around the works featured and the common themes unearthed.
This is a paid opportunity and all writers will retain the rights to their work.
- international playwrights aged 18-25 who are based, or who previously resided, outside of the UK.
- Plays can be any length, from any period, and with any number of characters; and must be in, or translated into, English.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual plays are also welcome.
- Works must not have been performed, stage or published in the UK.
- If you are submitting a play that has been translated and if the play or translation is still under copyright, you must ensure that both the playwright and the translator (or the relevant rights-holders) give their authorisation for the translation to be submitted and to participate.
5pm GMT 15th March 2020