BEYOND is designed to transform the careers of Deaf and Disabled artists, supporting new connections to artistic development opportunities, advice, training, mentoring and creative spaces within a national network of theatres.
These are testing times for creatives everywhere, but in this changed cultural landscape BEYOND is looking to the future.
Graeae are developing greater access to regional opportunities across England ensuring Deaf and Disabled artists are at the forefront of new and emerging work. They recognise the immense value of our intersectionality across communities which includes Black, Asian, ethnic minority and LGBTQIA+ artists.
Delivered in collaboration with a thriving network of partner theatres in the North, North East, North West and East Midlands, BEYOND gives breathing space for artistic ambition and to discover creative potential.
They’ve teamed up with leading venues; Octagon Theatre in Bolton, Curve in Leicester, Nottingham Playhouse, Cast in Doncaster, Hull Truck Theatre, Shakespeare North in Prescot, Live Theatre and Northern Stage in Newcastle. Together they are creating a national network of artistic support and development for Deaf and Disabled artists.
This programme is designed to support Deaf and Disabled artists who could most benefit from alliances with regional theatres in the North, North East, North West of England and the East Midlands.
Artists can benefit from BEYOND in one or more of the following ways. All access requirements will be met.
- Creative space and support to explore theatrical ideas
- Shadowing opportunities within R&D and rehearsal processes
- A share in 600 hours of rehearsal space
- A share in 100 hours of mentoring support
- Support in sourcing funding and bursaries
- Bespoke introductions to accessible opportunities near you
- In addition to space, time and people, they will be offering a number of Micro Grants to unlock additional resources and help projects achieve their full potential.