The Hampstead Theatre accept unsolicited scripts on a rolling basis. They’re looking for original plays that speak to a modern audience.
- They accept scripts from writers all year round.
- All submissions must be from writers based in the UK.
- All plays sent to us must be unperformed.
- We can only accept one play per writer.
- All plays must be full length.
- Your play must be written in the English language.
- They are unable to accept short plays or adaptations.
- If you submitted a script between March and November 2020, please resubmit as those were neither read nor necessarily retained
When you have sent your play you will receive an acknowledgment email from the theatre to say that it has arrived. You will hear from them within three months to say whether they are able to go any further with your script. They are unable to provide critical feedback on the plays that we receive, however we will let you know when your play has been read and what the outcome of the process is.