Hampstead Theatre is looking for original plays and promising writers. They want to read engaging stories, writing that takes risks and plays that speak to a modern audience. If the voice is refreshing, or if the play is delivered with power, rigour or wit, they want to read it.
The theatre will accept scripts from writers all year round.
- They are only able to accept plays from writers who are not represented by an agent via this submission process
- All submissions must be from writers based in the UK
- All plays must be unperformed
- They can only accept one play per writer per year
- All plays must be full length (roughly speaking over 50 pages)
- They are unable to accept short plays or adaptations