Hay Festival Europa28 is a global Hay Festival project exploring the future of Europe and celebrating some of the continent’s most inspiring new thinkers. But what does Europe mean to you? Tell us in 100–500 words and you could WIN a one-off trip to Hay Festival Europa28 in Rijeka, Croatia, for you and a friend in June 2020.
The overall winner will earn a trip for two to Hay Festival Europa28 in Rijeka, Croatia, with festival tickets, accommodation and travel included, and a first edition of the new Hay Festival Europa28 collection. Ten runners up will each receive a copy of the new collection. Winning entries will be displayed over on our International Writer’s Blog and published in a special pamphlet to be distributed at future events.
- In 100–500 words write what Europe means to you. You can write it in whichever form you choose – letter, poem, short story, play, song, rap –
- Submissions accepted in English, Spanish, French and Croatian.
- Entry is open to EU residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Hay Festival (the Promoter) or their associated companies, agents and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Only one entry per person. Bulk/third party entries will not be accepted.
- Prize entries become the property of the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to use these entries in future promotional activities.
1 February 2020