First Commissions – HighTide Festival Theatre
Write a play on attachment to HighTide!
Playwrights always remember their first commission. For most it’s the first time they are paid properly for writing. It affords their time to work at being an artist.
First Commissions is HighTide’s attachment programme for writers. Over the course of 18 months (freelance / part time), five playwrights will be mentored in:
* Making an application to Arts Council England for funding.
* Writing a new stage play, with structured dates for delivering drafts.
* Producing two rehearsed readings in professional theatres.
* Engaging a director to collaborate with.
* Engaging an established playwright to mentor and act as dramaturg
For more information go to https://www.hightide.org.uk/first_commissions