Imaginate at BOP Artists is a joint research and development project from BOP and Imaginate. The project will support a disabled artist based in Scotland to explore and develop a new theatre and/or dance performance idea for young audiences. The selected artist will have paid time and free space to research and develop their idea.
This opportunity does not have to take place at a specific time or location, Imaginate and BOP will work with the selected artist to identify the most accessible timeframe and location for the artist – however the work must take place in Scotland, at any time between April 2019 – March 2020.
- A budget of £2000 to cover artist fees and materials for research and development time
- Access to accessible development space suitable to your requirements – for a maximum of 14 days, used in the way the best serves you
- Access to Go & See funding of up to £150, enabling you to go and see relevant work – including a bespoke package at Edinburgh International Children’s Festival 2019.
- Additional budget where required to cover access requirements
- Access to support and advice from BOP and Imaginate staff
- This is an opportunity for a disabled artist based in Scotland who is interested in exploring making theatre and/or dance for young audiences. (Their definition of disability includes if you are D/deaf or have a mental health condition.)
- It is open to those who have experience of working with young audiences as well as those for whom this would be brand new.
- It is open to artists at all stages of their career.
5pm on Monday 25th March 2019