The ENOA network is aware of the urgent need for the opera world to take part in a necessary culture shift by opening its institutions to equalize access, better diversity and achieve true inclusion.
Their hope with the immersive residency program is to open enoa institutions’ doors to a wider and diverse pool of talented artists to enrich the opera landscape with new narratives and aesthetics.
With this aim, the enoa network offers support, mentorship and mobility through a tailor-made residency for artists without significant opera experience.
• An artist highly interested in the development of opera creation / interdisciplinary musical and artistic forms
• An experienced artist in any artistic field (jazz, theatre, dance, poetry, visual art, literature, etc.)
• An artist without significant opera experience
• Applicants must be professional creators. Performers are welcome but should apply as project leader or creator
• No age limit
• European based
• English comprehension
The enoa network is actively seeking to support artists currently under-represented in the opera world for historical, cultural or social reasons.
• Structured relationship up to 18 months with an enoa institution to have access and insight into the opera world while benefiting from their host artistic and cultural networks
• Four-day kick-off workshop at LOD muziektheater dedicated to opera creation for all the immersive residency programme fellows
• Mentoring sessions and coaching by an expert, an artist or a representative of the institution
• Personalized support provided by a referent in the institution to regularly identify the needs and organize all the actions and meetings
• Possibilities to attend enoa workshops to reflect on opera creation, gain technical and artistic skills and foster career development
• Possibilities to build a professional network by meeting the enoa members and having several opportunities to meet and network with the other immersive programme fellows
• Support to understand the best way to pitch and talk about one’s own work. Optional opportunity to pitch project to members
• Mobility grant
• Four-day kick-off workshop – 16 – 19 February 2021 (at LOD muziektheater, depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 health situation)
• Residency – between February 2021 and May 2022 (period and length to be defined with the hosting institution)
There are 8 open residency opportunities in total:
• Festival d’Aix-en-Provence – 2 positions
• Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation – 1 position
• Snape Maltings – 2 positions
• Fondation Operosa – 2 positions
• LOD muziektheater – 1 position
A mobility grant up to 5 700€ which will cover travel, accommodation and food to:
• attend the kick-off workshop
• visit the hosting institution (in case the artist was not local based)
• meet artists and professionals
• attend enoa workshops