The prize aims to encourage authors in the creation of bold and powerful plays for young audiences.
- Open to all writers worldwide and there is no age or nationality limit for the entrants.
- They do accept plays co-authored by more than one writer.
- The play must be a new, original and unpublished previously in any form.
- The play must cater for a performance time of 60-120 mins (category A), or 30-60 mins (category B).
- A collection of short plays may be submitted as it is in (A) or (B) play format, taking into account each play must be 15 min. long or more.
- Up three entries per person. There is no fee to enter.
- Plays can be written in any official European languages.
- The runner-up plays will be published.
- The authors of the winning scripts will be awarded: Category (A) 5000€ (cash prize of 2400€, plus the publication of the work and translation to other language, and public reading of the play). Category (B) 3500€(cash prize of 1000€, plus the publication and translation to other language, and public reading of the play).
- The Jury may award Honourable Mentions without cash prizes.
- The judges will assess each play with the following criteria: a) Quality of dramatic text and audience appeal. b) Promotion of tolerant coexistence among young people and concern with reality and problems of young people. c) Innovative language and plot. d) Factors that affect its feasibility on stage: cast, sets, props, lights, costumes, etc.
15 December 2018.