Do you identify as trans and/or non-binary? Are you 18 years old or over? Are you as of yet unpublished and un-agented? The new JKP Writing Prize is a unique chance to get your work published in a book for the first time. They’re looking for original, own voice stories on the theme of Trans Everyday. What’s it like to be trans today? Successful writers will have their piece published in an anthology (paperback and eBook), as well as win a £150 cash prize.
- Essays should be between 1,500 and 3,000 words, non-fiction, in Word or PDF format
- You should identify as trans and/or non-binary
- You must be 18 years old or over
- You must be a UK resident to enter.
- Please ensure your submission is entirely original and that you own the copyright to it.
- It should not have been previously published (print or online) nor won a prize in a writing competition. It should also be non-fiction – so no poetry, artwork or fiction submissions please.
- Be honest, be open, and don’t think your idea is too small.
midnight on the 3rd of May 2020.