JST are looking for three early-career companies or pairs of artists to support through mentoring and a week of space in their theatre this September/October. If you have a new play/adaptation you’re keen to develop, please apply!
Thanks to funding from the Carne Trust and our staff volunteering their time, the JST can offer three pairs or groups of early-career artists
- One week of technician-supported space in the theatre.
- A filmed or audio-recorded archive of a showcase performance or reading.
- Full dramaturgical support.
- Mentoring and guidance on all aspects of producing (including marketing, design, finance, fundraising, artistic, strategic) to help you take your project forward.
- £500 expenses payments.
- Support in kind equal to c.£6000, plus £500 expenses.
- Dates are TBC during September and October; they can discuss your availability at interview.
- Applicants must be in their first three years in professional theatre, able to prove commitment to their craft through evidence of previous work and/or training. They are keen to hear from artists entering this industry during this difficult time, and who can articulate how this opportunity will help them now and in the future.
- They are looking for partnerships, or collaborative collectives of artists. If selected, it will be the artists’ responsibility to find the collaborators necessary to complete their R&D, and to make their own payment arrangements. We can advise on this process.
- Applications for ideas in early development are welcome, as are completed scripts in need of a final draft. In all cases, they want to know that this support will make a big difference to your project.
- They encourage applications from groups under-represented in theatre and in our organisation, including Black, Asian and other ethnically diverse artists, LGBTQ+ artists, and artists who identify as working-class.
6pm Tuesday 14 July
INTERVIEWS will be held on Saturday 18 July